Greece is one of the most sought-after destinations in the world in the present scenario. It has a number of islands and archipelagos, in which the beauty of nature speaks at its best.
It is also popular for the sporting activities. It is needless to mention that it is the country, which has hosted the ancient Olympic games. This is why, a special significance is given to it in the opening ceremony of modern Olympics. Besides, the recreational sports are widely popular at this place. Sailing in Greece is one of the popular events without any doubt.
A number of people visit Greece for sailing and yachting. One can enjoy these water sports in many islands and cities of Greece. Some of the popular destinations that can be taken as a perfect example in this regard include:
• Ionian Islands: Ionian Islands are one of the ideal tourist spots of Greece, where a large number of tourists visit from different parts of the world. It is also perfect for sailing. Ionian Islands include a group of islands with seven principal islands are some other smaller ones.
• Aegean Sea: Aegean Sea is actually an elongated embayment of Mediterranean Sea, which is located between the Greek and Anatolian peninsulas. North Eastern Aegean is specifically popular for sailing.
• Sporades Islands: Sporades are an archipelago that is located along the east coast of Greece. It is popular for tourism and sailing.
• Cyclades Islands: The Cyclades are a Pre-Greek island group that is located in Aegean.
• Dodecanese Islands: Dodecanese includes a group of 12 large and 150 small islands, and a large number of people visit here for sailing and yachting.
• Saronic Islands: Saronic includes 7 major islands popular for tourism and recreational activities.
• Chalkidiki: Chalkidiki is a peninsula and a regional unit along with the arrangement of boating. It is a part of Central Macedonia in Northern Greece.
• Thessaloniki; Thessaloniki is the second largest city of Greece and is the capital of Greek Macedonia. It is also popular for tourism and sailing purpose.
• Athens: Athens is a cultural & historical city and is the capital of Greece. Yachting and sailing arrangement can also be seen here at the best.
All these places have the perfect arrangements for sailing and yachting in Greece. The islands and beaches, where you go for sailing are also the perfect destinations to find the bounty of nature. The soothing air and eye catching sights make your trips memorable. Moreover, the cities are also the perfect cultural destinations. For instance, Athens is one of the historical nations of the world. The first Olympics were organized here in the ancient times in 776 BC.
A number of travel agents and yacht providers offer the sailing packages to the individuals. You can book rent yacht in Greece in advance with the help of these travel agents. All this arrangement can be done with the help of the internet sites.
In the leisure time, you can also visit the cultural places of Greece, some of which have been mentioned above. In addition to this, it is the place of the great philosophers like Aristotle, Plato and Socrates as-well-as the emperors like Alexander the Great. It enhances the significance to visit Greece.