Jewish History Centre of Thessaloniki

Address: Τ.Κ. 54624, Thessaloniki
Fax: +30 2310 279063

Social Media:

The Jewish History Centre of Thessaloniki (Greek: Εβραϊκό Μουσείο Θεσσαλονίκης) (Judaeo-Spanish or Ladino: Museo Djidio De Salonik) is a museum in Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia, Greece presenting the history of Sephardic Jews and Jewish life in Thessaloniki.

It is also known as: “Museum of Jewish Presence in Thessaloniki”, “Jewish History Museum”, Greek: “Κέντρο Ιστορικής Διαδρομής Εβραϊσμού Θεσσαλονίκης”, “Μουσείο Εβραϊκής Παρουσίας στη Θεσσαλονίκη”.

The museum is being run by the Jewish Community of Thessaloniki.

The Museum is located on Ag. Mina 13 str., in a building built in 1904 by the Italian architect Vitaliano Poselli. The restoration of the building lasted from 1998 to 2003 and was funded by the “Organisation for the Cultural Capital of Europe Thessaloniki 1997”. It was inaugurated on May 13, 2001 by Evangelos Venizelos, then the Minister of Culture and Andreas Sefiha, then the president of the Jewish Community of Thessaloniki. It was Sefiha who had the idea of the establishment of the Museum and started working for this in 1994. The collection of the Museum was based on the collection of documents, collection of ritual objects, photographic collections and library that used to be housed in Vasileos Herakleiou 26, and was known as “The Center of the Course of Jewish history, in Thessaloniki” or “Center for the Jewish Studies of Thessaloniki” or “Jewish History Centre of Thessaloniki”.

Winter: From the 1st of November until the 31 of March 2010: 8:30-15:00

Get Listed for Free!

Submit your listing from, and benefit from ever-growing audience

Get Listed Now!

Thessaloniki 546 24 GR
Get directions